Friday, June 19, 2009

Trekking in the Rain

My intrepid sister, friends and hundreds like them set out this morning on their bicycles from Bethel, Maine. They will take three days to ride to Belfast to raise money for the American Lung Association. It's pouring and looks to keep it up all day.

The crush of the last day of school keeps me from singing my little sister's praises properly. Suffice to say she's a hero of mine. She has raised the right money and ridden this trip for at least half of the Trek's 25 years. Me? Twice.

Anyway, Team DeLorme has posted a widget to follow the trip with slides and maps, so I'm putting it up here:

Trek Across Maine 2009

Widget powered by Spot Adventures: GPS Geotagging

Who are you following?

1 comment:

Lee Roberts said...

Well, I had great hopes for this widget. I mean why create one if you're going to ignore it?

I'll leave it up for another day or so. Maybe it was too wet for photos.